Conventional restorations demand a lot of time. Tedious procedures with lab work can be time-consuming in today’s busy schedule. Thankfully, this is greatly overcome by the modern technology adopted by CEREC. They are aesthetic restorations that are designed and placed in a single visit.
South Reno family dentist and their team offer state-of-the-art CEREC restorations with excellent durability and are long-lasting.
An introduction to CEREC restorations
Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic or CEREC is an innovative state-of-the-art method of reconstructing tooth restorations. CEREC uses computer-assisted design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) to offer you with a single-day restorations. This technology has greatly revolutionized ceramic restorations such as crowns, veneers, and bridges so that there is no longer extensive waiting time between preparing the restoration and receiving the finished product. These tooth-colored restorations are metal-free prosthetics and significantly restore your tooth to its natural beauty, strength, and function.
CEREC offers several benefits
CEREC has revolutionized restorative procedures. Some of the benefits offered by CEREC are:
- Most procedures can be completed in a single visit
- Less time-consuming
- Cost-effective procedure
- Requires less drilling, preserving most of your natural tooth structure
- Are metal-free restorations
- Provide a perfect fit
- Do not require messy impressions
- Temporary restorations for in-between visits are not required
- They tend to look more natural and closely resemble the neighboring teeth
- Are sturdy and durable
- Are stain-resistant
- Are abrasion-resistant
- Are long-lasting restorations
Designing CEREC restorations
CEREC uses CADCAM technology to design and create customized restorations during a single visit. The process is as follows:
- Exam and Preparation
- Your dentist will evaluate the health of your tooth to determine if CEREC is right for you.
- Your dentist will administer local anesthesia to ease pain and discomfort during tooth preparation.
- Decayed and weakened tissues will be excavated to prepare the tooth for restoration.
- Optical impression
- A 3D image of the tooth will be created using a digital camera that is used to design the CEREC restoration.
- The computer and CEREC 3D software will convert the digital image into a 3D virtual model of the prepared tooth.
- Milling unit
- This component is used to create the customized restoration for the prepared tooth.
- A ceramic block of an appropriate shade will be selected and inserted into the unit to fabricate the restoration in just a few minutes.
- Restoration placement
- Once the restoration is fabricated, it will be tried to check the fit and bite.
- The restoration will be polished and bonded into place.
CEREC is an excellent technology that can help dentists do a lot for your smile, in addition to improving your oral form and function.